Originally Posted by WAM
Pharmseller,
I had almost the exact same situation in 2007. 5x4 bull, broadside 75 to 80 yards, took 2 hits low behind the shoulder and started to tip as I squeezed off #3. All 3 hits with .35 Whelen 225 gr TBBC were within 3 inches and the heart and arteries were just jello soup. All exited. He just stood there long enough for me to get 3 shots off. Confirms the “If He’s Still Standing, I’m Still Shooting” school of thought. Interestingly, I found one of my spent cases hunting that same spot in 2015. Happy Trails

Last moose was pretty much same story .338 RCM 185 TTSX range 15 feet or so. Three shots right through the boiler room in about 10 seconds. I didn't hit any significant bone. It just took about 20 seconds to figure out he was dead. I rather doubt that a 458 lott or a 250 savage would have really done that much differently

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge