Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Looking over the 10mm I have on hand - factory loads - found Underwood 200 gr JHP, and Buffalo Bore 220gr HC. The Underwood claims 1250 fps on the box, the BB says 1200 fps. Right now I have an RIA 1911 and two EAA Witnesses - one blued, one "Wondra" finish in 10mm. Would like to try a Sig 220, as I have one in .45 ACP I really like. My handholds are normally a bit "slower" than these factory loads. I am a BIG fan of 10mm in semi-autos as a woods-hunting gun, and I also tend to prefer heavy HC lead bullets. Some time back, I had a problem with some Double Tap ammo in a Glock G20, otherwise 10mm has been "good" for me, both factory and handholds. I have tried Power Pistol, Universal, Unique, and Titegroup powders with no problems.

Mike Holmes

Yeah Mike, you’d like the Sig. The Short Reset Trigger is great. Not a 1911 trigger but pretty darn good. It handles recoil better than my1911s. Good accuracy, but wish it had an adjustable rear sight. 1200 is what Underwood is claiming on the 220. When the days get a little longer I’ll have to drag out the crono and see what I’m getting.