Originally Posted by JGRaider
marko, you're getting worked up over a bunch of nothing (no offense). Having never been there, of course you'd have some questions though. You have to trust your PH when getting the go ahead for a shot, especially with hunters who have never laid eyes on the animals before. You just have to trust them. I've got little elk hunting experience, but have been a handful of times. I would personally put a big kudu bull hunt right up there at least equal to the elk hunt. As a matter of fact I find it rather addicting. Hunting Africa is special, particularly Namibia of the places I've been.

As far as the exchange rate goes, it's somewhere around 15:1 USD. One of the last time I went to Nambia with Kowas, I killed 10 plains game culls, a big kudu bull, and a mountain zebra. I paid around $6k for that hunt, which is far less than the cost of a trophy elk hunt, mule deer hunt, or even whitetail hunt in many places. In light of that fact I could give a ratsazzz if the PH makes a little $$$ on the exchange rate.

Thanks JGRaider. Yea I do get a little worked up once in a while!! I have quite a few buddies that have been to Africa and they all enjoy it immensely. I need to take the plunge, and I will one of these days.

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)