Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by memtb
Thinking of a Safari. Plains game for wife and I both hunting, approximately 10 day hunt. With political climate and best affordable Safari in mind.....which countries and PH’s do you recommend? Thanks in advance for advice and comments ( at least the constructive ones) wink ! memtb

memtb, That’s great news! I’m happy for you both. Add a couple of 375 H&H rifles for you and the wife for no other reason than because you can, and a safari hunt is a good excuse to buy something new...You’re 338 Wins will be just the right porridge.
But, I would still want to look at new shoot’n irons as apart of the build up to going....😎

Thanks Mark! She’s welcome to my old H&H, but I’m certain she take her .338....as she’s pretty comfortable with it. And her rifle is about 3 or more pounds lighter than the Win. Model 70. And I’ll use my .375AI. If they’re good enough here in the states....they should be OK for Africa! wink memtb

Last edited by memtb; 03/12/19.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024