Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
When I was a youngster, Remington came up with the 700 Mountain Rifle. It was chambered in various and sundry cartridges, but the greatest of all, was the 7mm/08. I saw my first one in a store called Sports Unlimited in Knoxville, Tennessee. It was several years later, when I had a job of my own and could afford to buy my own hunting rifle, that I set out looking for one. Unfortunately, by that time, Remington decided to build the rifle with a detachable box magazine. That particular set up wasn't appealing to me. In 1998, I happened upon an original floorplate model Remington Mountain Rifle chambered for 7mm/08, and happily purchased it. Unfortunately, it had been sent off to the Remington service center and Magna ported. The rifle was everything I wanted in a hunting rifle, and killed like the finger of God, but it was un-holy loud, owing to the porting. I put up with the ringing in my ears for many years and even loaned the rifle to friends who needed a light kicking deer killer. Many were converted to the tribe of the 7mm/08.

I kept that rifle till the divorce in 2007, and then lost it to the need for groceries. Now they are even more rarely seen.

I've shot all kinds of other rifles and cartridges, and they work too, but I am still a fan of that cartridge in that rifle.

If you have a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle chambered for 7mm/08 with the original floorplate action, I am interested. Let me know if you would be interested in parting with it.

I'll give it a good home.

About a week or two ago, there was one listed in the classified cause I about bout it. Not 100% on the floor plate vs dbm.

Salmonhead