Originally Posted by RyanTX
Congrats on a great buy. I just picked up another 10/22 as well. It's a "Copper Mica" edition that I found on sale for $230. Basically, it's a blued gun in a copper/tan colored Ruger America stock.

But, I've also got tinker-itis. No, not tinkle-itis (my prostate is just fine laugh ). I've already put in a Volquartsen hammer kit, XS peep sight, Kidd firing pin, buffer, extractor and Kidd extended mag release. All before it had even fired its first shot. I just can't leave the things alone, ha.

Have fun with it!

I like the American style modular stocks in black, copper mica, and green too. I have swapped all of my 10/22s with sporter contour barrels into those stocks or the laminated mannlicher style stocks. I've put the high/standard module on mine and have spare low/compact and low/standard modules. If you could use one of the low comb height modules, you can have it for the cost of shipping it to you.

I wouldn't bother to shoot a 10/22 without first upgrading the trigger and installing a synthetic buffer and an under-lever extended magazine release.