I've had my 10/22 for over 30 years. The only mods I have done are replacing the original stock with a Hogue stock, replacing the bolt hold-open piece with a Kidd (the original started malfunctioning) and installing a synthetic bolt buffer. Mine is very accurate with Winchester 42 gr Power Point Max ammo at a listed 1,320 fps. Unfortunately, I appear to be snake bit when it comes to the Ruger BX trigger. I have tried 2 without success with both being bought at a Cabelas store. The 1st one literally had pieces falling out when I very carefully attempted to remove it from the packing and the other caused something to get messed up with the mag release (ie, it worked only part of the time to release magazines). So, I went back to the original trigger group. If that's the worst thing to happen to me, I am living a charmed life.

Anyway, I cannot imagine not having at least 1 10/22 in my inventory. I like the rotary mags so much that I bought a Ruger American Rimfire in 22lr, since it uses the same mags.