Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by Big Stick
None of which hold zero,let alone track.

Hint..........

Little Twig, I have never needed benchrest accuracy to take head shots on a friggen squirrel I have shot them for nearly 50 yrs now and not one of those dead critters ever jumped back up after being shot because it had been killed with less than top of the line equipment. Good enough is actually good enough. Now you want to talk competitive shooting or long distance then all bets are off. You need top of the line. However if you want to set me up with top of the line glass or rifle for me to use I’ll happily take it out to the woods with me.

I agree with you, good enough is good enough for most situations and most people don't have unlimited discretionary funds with which to purchase top of the line everything. Besides, most people don't possess the skills necessary to squeeze the maximum potential accuracy out of average gear, so top of the line gear is just wasted potential. I was happy shooting squirrels with a Marlin 917M2S before I got a too good to pass up deal on an Anschutz 1502. The Anschutz is a nicer rifle and slightly more accurate than the Marlin, but not enough more accurate to make a difference to the 140 or so fox squirrels that I try to harvest annually.

Engaging in a discussing with Larry seems like a waste of time, as he will never explain why he favors one thing over another or make any attempt to add value to a discussion, he will just respond in his usual rude/boorish manner and attempt to discredit the other party in a vague and general way.