This is turning into a decent thread with many asking good questions and answers forthcoming. I see the Tikka becoming a more common option of choice in the near future since they’re are a lot of T3 rifles out there that have been hunted hard and relegated to the back of some gun safes.

Learning that most Tikka actions don’t require the extra truing up for accuracy alone was valuable. I may add a link to our “Gunsmith” sub-section and see what additional information may come from it.

I don’t Smith on my rigs. I’m only trusting of myself to set bases, rings, mount scopes and change out stocks where little inletting is needed...

But, I can speak from a “wallet” point of view being I’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars on actions, barrels and triggers alone.

I’ve purchased many a donor rifle just for the Rem700 action. Then extra costs to square it up, etc....Personally, I don’t mind the look of a Tikka action and it’s a heckuva a lot cheaper than buying a Sako action/donor rifle which I’ve also done...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”