I like the topic and the approach. Appreciate the article.

Higher BC offerings for hunting rifles is kind of like an additional tall overdrive in your pickup. There are times where it's useful out on the highway but it doesn't get in the way when you are using it for other purposes, so why not have it? And like JB mentions, being more efficient from a ballistic standpoint reduces the amount of recoil you have to experience to get a desired effect downrange. I hunt some open areas these days with .500+BC loads at 2,800-2,900 FPS where I used to only be comfortable with 3,100 FPS loads and trajectories with standard hunting bullets. Plus, a high-end BC value lets you get away with less MV and still match up well with available ballistic reticles at ranges from 300-500 yards. While you might have needed 2,900-3,000 FPS to match up when shooting a flatbase spitzer, a high-BC offering may work just as well at 200 FPS less MV, allowing smaller case capacities and high-BC to effectively "play ball" with larger cases paired with traditional bullet designs. I like less recoil and more fun during practice.

Now with even more aplomb