Not a dumb question at all.

A lot of handloaders still make a big deal out of how much powder space a deeply-seated, longer spitzer takes up, but the amount is generally inconsequential except in larger-caliber (say .35+) cases of relatively small capacity. I can explain why if you really want to know, but it ain't gonna make any noticeable difference in the .25-.284.

That said, often such bullets end up being seated a ways from the lands. Whether this makes any difference in accuracy depends on secveral factors, but Barnes bullets generally shoot best when seated a little deeper anyway--as do many of the high-BC lead-core bullets. My 6.5 PRC shoots best with at least three kinds of bullets when they're seated around .1 one from the lands.

The "problems" also depend on the specific cartridge and rifle. My Tikka T3 .260 Remington, for instance, wouldn't even allow some pretty standard hunting bullets to be seated near the lands, the reason I worked over the magazine to gain another .1 inch--and it does shoot better with bullets close to the lands. But that's why the 6.5 Creedmoor was developed, to allow high-BC bullets to be seated to the lands in a standard (2.85") short-action magazine.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck