JB, you've presented the case for higher BCs as well as can be done, I think. The advantages are undeniable.

Call it old school, call it fuddliness, call it whatever, but I could never see the sense in selecting a hunting bullet based on BC as the first criterion. Speaking strictly for myself, I always look at a bullets terminal performance (or at least reputation for same) as the first step of elimination. That idea probably originated with something I read a long time ago which made a lot of sense to me. I think the gist of it was mainly "don't scrimp because the cost of your bullets is just a drop in the bucket" when it comes to the economics of hunting. Another part of it is that I'd like to be able to take the shot that presents itself and be confident the bullet will expand some but still penetrate straight and go all the way through and exit. I was sold on Nosler Partitions a long time ago. I now think of Accubonds in much the same way. I know there are others out there that work just as well, but I guess I tend to stick with what has grown familiar.

I personally would not use something like what Berger offers currently based on my prejudices alone. The confidence that I could take whatever shot presented itself just is not there, not like it would be with a Partition, an A-Frame, or what have you. That's just the way I feel about it. I'm about 99-44/100% sure I'm not alone.

On the other hand there's no doubt that the competition between manufacturers to provide higher BCs has heated up over the last decade or two. What do you think the prospects are for current designs like the Accubond, A-Frame, Partition, and others to evolve into higher BC offerings? I'm not blind to the existence of the ABLR (which you obviously know since I addressed a package of them to you a while back), but I don't imagine it's quite as tough a bullet as the original AB. I'm imagining the introduction of the Partition II, the A-Frame Supreme, or whatever moniker they come up with. I think it would be a great thing, and just a matter of time. Do you see that on the horizon?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.