Jim in Idaho

First, it sounds like you ran into four people having a bad week. If in fact you did act as you stated (and I am not doubting you) 1 you should have asked to see a supwrvisor, 2 if not forthcoming, you should have filed a formal complaint to the Department AND the governing body (city admin, county commission, state police Hq) IN WRITING. 3 Follow up with phone calls and go to the press if you still get no satisfaction.

The horse thing really puzzles me, my daughter is second in command of the possee. They, unless actually doing crowd control encurage people to meet their horses, same with the K-9 unit here. They do demonstrations and let the people meet the dogs.

ebd10

First, yes they do have a tough job, but they choose to do it so should have no complaints.
Second, we had a Deputy on our Dept. that was a serious drinker, caught him one night about 4:00 AM. since we are on the same Dept. I called Florida Highway Patrol and had them arrest him. Had he been a bit tipsy I probably would not have, but he was a danger to the public and himself, so he went to the can on DUI and lost his job. He confronted me a couple months later and asked how I could do that to a "brother" Deputy. My answer then and would be still. When you chose to break the law, you ceased to be a "brother"!
Third, they are not told their are different, this kind of BS on the board, bashing cops and cops bashing citizens causes the the US vs THEM mentality creep into both camps. Thats why the lines of communications must remain open and flow BOTH ways. Thats why the LE community needs to lead in showing respect and expecting it in return.

Ok, I'll once again take my outdated old azz out of here.

Last edited by T LEE; 02/14/03.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me