Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
SD

When I shot my Brown bear I was amazed that the shoulder blade was pretty thin. If I remember right I was using a .375 with 260 gr. partitions, and it blasted right through.

I was also surprised that the chest cavity seemed pretty small for such a big animal

.Lefty

You might be remembering the picture I posted of OlBlue's Kodiak bear scapula. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had all kinds of time. I fleshed a scapula and took a picture of Mel's orange-handled knife through the scapula. The picture is far from perfect, but considering you can see an orange knife THROUGH the bone it makes my point perfectly. It is somewhere here in cyberspace.

As for Partitions, they are reasonable bullets, but they usually cost more than premium bullets and frankly, I have caught FAR too many of them to consider them a premium bullet. If I recover a bullet it is unlikely I will use that bullet again.

I like your logic so from here on out I'm not using Barnes tsx bullets I recovered one in a elk, same for partitions recovered them on a moose. But the eld-x no recovery so keep using. Sierra gameking no recovery keep using. Man I'm saving money now lol..

Last time I looked the Partitions were the most expensive.

Not paying extra for ordinary...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.