I was unaware of this bullet until I saw you post. I’ll have to look into it.
The 190 grain bullet had quite a following in the .30-30 at one time and the .303 Savage reputation with this weight bullet is well known.
I have used the 170 grain Partition some in the .307 Winchester but prefer the 170 grain Speer Hot Core as our deer and pigs are rather light weight and light framed.
The Speer bullet seated to my preferred 2.550” is a bit of a deep seater. The bullet being seated 0.480” deep.
I don’t know where the cannalure is on the Barnes bullet but seated for a COL of 2.560” with 0.575” inside the Barnes bullet leaves 45.2 grains of water but some of that is up around the shank of the bullet. You can overcome this slightly by using a Lee hand press and rotate the press upside down as you seat the bullet.
Anyway it will be a fun bullet to try in the .307 Winchester. I have driven the 170- grain Speer bullet through a mature West Texas white tail on several occasions with none exiting. All were under the skin just under the hide. On three of the occasions a bone was not hit. Center of the chest or at the sticking point just inside the shoulder entrance wounds. I went several years after the first kill of this type before it happened again but then had several more. The 170-grain Speer bullet is a very good bullet for the .307 Winchester. The listed BC for the Speer bullet is .304 and the listed BC for the Barnes is .296.
I am attaching a picture of the Speer bullet dimensions. If you get the Barnes any time soon put up a rough drawing with dimensions.
Then a drawing of the two bullets seated in the .307 Winchester case. They ended up different scale but I am not going to correct them as you can see what I am trying to say with the base of the bulle and point of the case should as reference.
I have found for close in shooting the ideal velocity for the 170-grain Speer bullet seems to be between 2,350 and 2,400 fps. You can drive them faster but the Speer bullet seems to be at its best in this velocity range.

Speer 170grain Hot Core
[Linked Image]

Barnes 190 grain blt seat
[Linked Image]

Last edited by william_iorg; 04/06/19.

Slim