I have tested the 160 FTX at 2500fps. It generally holds together and penetrates quite well. The interlock feature seems to work pretty well. I really like the bullet and factory loaded Hornady ammo is averaging only slightly over 1MOA for me.

Originally Posted by william_iorg
Enjoyed the video.
Good news on 2 fronts with the Barnes 190gr bullet. The web site lists the OAL as 1.120"
The actual OAL of 1.110" changes the seating depth to .565" deep and the bullet diameter of .308" at that depth is great.

Just using a model for the .307 case with the Barnes bullet seated .565" deep you have room for 42.4 grains of Hodgdon 414 uncompressed.
Room for 40.2 grains of Alliant Reloder 15 uncompressed and it compresses rather easily.

Your box with a rather tough media is up close. Do you have test results on the Hornady FTX bullet?
My experience with the 160gr FTX bullet is it will wad up going through deer. It penetrates well and retains weight well but it sure rolls up.
I have posted pictures on the Beartooth forum but the FTX bullet when shot close leaves some unusual entrance wounds. For me the FTX bullet blows the hair off the entrance wound in a 1" circle leaving the white hide exposed with light bleeding through the skin in droplets like an abrasion. I have seen this several entrance wounds of this type.

When looking for bullets that will take on heavy bodies and bones at close range don't overlook the 150gr Barnes TTSX and the Hornady 140gr Monoflex whish is a GMX bullet for tubular magazines.
Both bullets work well in the .307 Winchester but are far more bullet than I need for Texas deer and pigs. .The deer and pigs in my area are not heavy bodied.
The 140gr Hornady Monoflex in particular opens quickly and retain weight - or appears to - I have not recovered one.
The Barnes acts like a Barnes X and opens well.while penetrating deeply. It will shed a petal but I don't consider this a problem.