I suppose it depends on what you are hunting for. 34 posts and bucks have scarcely been mentioned, only deer. Does are eating the acorns in my yard in broad daylight, yet in three years I've yet to see a buck out there with them, but they are rubbing the trees a hundred yards back in the woods. Does are always going to go for the best food sources. Bucks, at least where I hunt, are so security conscious that outside of the rut, they are real content to stay bedded down chewing their cud until they feel safe to get on their feet. A friend of mine had a deer farm with several large bucks and he told me that outside of the rut, once those bucks got over about three and a half, he never saw them in the daylight and those were penned deer.

Lots of guys are looking for a shortcut and unfortunately an entire generation has forgotten how to hunt without a 4 wheeler and a 50# sack of corn. I took my kid to hunter safety class and the instructor asked the class of 12 year olds what you should do before the season? He was looking for clean or sight in your rifle. What he got was some kid telling him that you should check your bait pile to make sure that you had enough bait. Sad, but true.

Steelhead does make a valid argument that an Alabama woods is green year around and if it is anything like what I see here in central Florida, I wouldn't have a clue about about hunting here. Hitting the road back up north tomorrow, can't wait.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory