Originally Posted by greydog
I..The MK V is an action which is a little different with the screw going into the bottom of the lug. It is often best to bed lugs
like this at the bottom since that is where the screw tension is. The rest of the receiver is not all that rigid and how it is bedded probably
doesn't matter a whole lot but I generally bedded the whole thing...

If bedding the bottom of the Lug is best (not just a whim)

what are the real world negative effects of not bedding the bottom face of the Mk-V lug..?

Originally Posted by greydog
... I still like clearance at the sides and front of the lug for two reasons. First; it was easier to remove and re[lace.
Second; the sharp edges of the lug could shave bedding material when you put the thing together and this debris could keep the
lug from bottoming out.

Sharp edges; ...Theres something called metal preparation, do that properly and I don't see a problem,
I certainly did not encounter any bedding material being shaved off after repeated assembly-disassembly,
and that was without having to alter the lugs in anyway..but every job needs to be assessed on an individual basis.

I am inclined to say the type of bedding material one uses can also effect the propensity for such to occur.

BTW: I did at some point temporarily put a bedded stock on another mK V barrelled action just to see/experiment how it would fit and shoot,
(without custom bedding it to that particular metal),..the fit was still snug, and I did notice a couple ever so very slight streak lines
travelling down in the corners of the lug recess...but just a few reassemblies meant that once that rather minuscule amount of
bedding material was gone, ..shaving no longer occurred.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.