There are no negative effects to not bedding the bottom providing there is support forward and aft of the lug. I know I have done Sakos both ways with acceptable results. Look, if you have no issues with bedding the lug tight all around, then, by all means, do so. As I said, I will, now and then, do that as well but my preference is to not . Most of my glass-bedding methodology was established forty-five years ago but I still experiment a little from time to time. Back in the seventies, when all stocks were wood and glass stocks were just starting to come into use, I probably bedded a dozen or more every week. Virtually every barrel job also got bedded, at the customer's request, so I did a lot. I'm not trying to critique other's methods or preferences and I'm not trying to say my way is the only way, I'm just telling what has worked well for me for over forty years of rifle building. There is certainly no requirement for you to do things my way.
I pointed out my reasons for preferring clearance. If you have, in your experience, found those reasons to be invalid, well, there you have it. GD