Originally Posted by greydog
.. I'm not trying to critique other's methods or preferences and I'm not trying to say my way is the only way, ...

I did not read your responses as suggesting your way is the only way...I understood very well that variations of methods can be subject
to personal whims.

My question specifically related to you saying that its best to bed the bottom face of the Mk-V lug.

that seems to suggest there is some technical - scientifically explainable reason why its best to do it that way,
just saying ..'because that is where screw tension is '.. , sounds somewhat vague.

There are no negative effects to not bedding the bottom providing there is support forward and aft of the lug... GD

If I was only bedding the action I would be sure to also contact bed the bottom of the lug,
but I have to say If I was also bedding a good part of the barrel with the action, the option of creating
some clearance on the bottom of the lug would not really bother me, for obvious reason.

... I'm not trying to critique other's methods or preferences..

I really don't mind people that do, as long as its healthy discussion ,combined with good questions and good answers
where there's a chance or opportunity for readers to learn something.

I appreciate the effort you have put into your posts.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.