Greg sure does a great job, every 223 AI that I own has bushed bolts, the round is fast and likes pressure. 223, 6 BR's, 6 XC!, 6 Dasher!, 6x47 lapua, and 6.5x47 all have bushed bolt heads.

Great does more than just bush the bolt head, adjusts or replaces firing pin & spring, checks bolt ID.

A guy on a budget that is experiencing primer flow, can go to a very thick cup primer. Of course, choice of primer has a dramatic effect on the accuracy of a particular load.

At one time, PTG sold over size firing pins, but this gets complicated in taking your bolt apart and fitting a proper size firing pin in your over size bolt head.

I don't like Sako or M16 type extractors in my rem bolts unless absolutely necessary, those extractors can become missiles if you ever blow a primer, and I have more than a few on Rem 722's, 700's, and 40X's that I bought used.

When you blow a primer or pierce a primer, the firing pin is blown backwards at warp speed, and this can break light target triggers that have three levers. I have had several Shilen 2 oz triggers break, a jewel, and several Harts over the years. Going from 75* to 95* on p. dog towns, letting a round cook in the chamber jacks pressures sky high, thus blown and pierced primers. If you ever pierce a primer, you have to be concerned about where that little round circle of primer thickness ends up in your action...in the bolt races, magazine, trigger group? That little piece of primer cup can and will make your rifle inoperable at the worst possible moments!

Thin cup primers:

cci 400
Fed 205
205M-M stands for Match, not magnum
Rem 6 1/2

Thick cup primers:

CCI 41-specifically designed to prevent slam fires in AR's
CCI 450-mag primer, and may blow your groups
cci BR-4
Rem 7 1/2

I have NEVER sent Greg a bolt that uses large rifle primers, and the 257 Weatherby's have been the worst, everyone of them craters primers in the loads that I shot in custom barrels. Heavy Primer flow in the 257 Weatherby was normal, and I never popped a primer shooting Fed 215's.

So, if you have a choice of using small rifle primer brass vs large rifle primer brass, consider the cost of having Greg bush the bolt when using small primer brass due to the thickness of the small rifle primer cups.

Last edited by keith; 04/21/19.