Originally Posted by keith
Here is another guy I have worked with that does a great job for around $85, quick turn around. This guy goes by Carlsbad on accurate shooter, and Jerry is a heck of a machinist and great all around guy to work with.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/bolt-bushing-before-and-after.3977422/

Keith,
thanks for the endorsement. I go by Carlsbad here also. I'll post some photos later. My business is word of mouth only. I don't want a backlog. I generally turn around a bushing or extractor replacement in less than a week.

A couple of notes about bushing.

1. Bushing isn't generally required because of a loose firing pin fit. Bushing is required because modern high pressure cartridges extrude brass into the firing pin hole. The area of the hole goes as the diameter of the hole squared so reducing the diameter reduces the force on the brass by the square of the ratio. So bushing a firing pin down to a nominal .062" allows the brass to have enough strength to bridge the firing pin hole and no extrusions (aka cratering) or punctured primers occur unless your load is excessively hot and you'll probably have other problems first.
2. Bushing doesn't affect accuracy other than cratering can cause hard cycling which will knock you off target for the next shot so it can show you down significantly. Bushing does affect the long term viability of your boltface. living with cratering will eventually erode your firing pin hole and you'll have to have it bushed then anyway. I'm always in favor of preventive maintenance rather than corrective.

Send me a private message if you want a quote but standard prices are $85 including return shipping for bolt bushing for remington or savage. $95 for others. Some hardened bolts I can't do and keep the price reasonable. Sako or M-16 style extractor install is $145 including extractor and return shipping.

--Jerry