Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
greg also does another type of bushing on bolts which is what I thought this thread was about. He adds eliptical cams which center the bolt and take up the tolerances as you close the bolt. There are 2 of them on the front and back of the bolt itself. I guess most people call these borden bumps. When you have a barrel done by greg its chambered to a dummy round. you also pick your neck diameter as well. he chambers and throats in 2 processes. I don't know anyone else doing this. everyone else just reams it out to the reamer they have for that chamber and you get what you get. its too bad greg has like a 18 month wait these days.

I personally would still buy a custom action rather than have him do the full truing process. I do have a remington that has the gretan full meal deal done to it, but again custom action would be better still.

Many gunsmiths chamber and throat in two steps in order to produce a required throat length. When I first started gunsmithing, all of our chambers were done that way and there was a lot of experimentation with throat length as well as configuration. There were a lot of 'smiths who felt that doing the chamber in two steps could lead to misalignment. I figured, if you couldn't get it straight twice, you probably couldn't get it straight once either. As with all things, both systems were shown to work well. Sometimes I won, sometimes someone else won. When I was in my twenties, I knew it all. Forty-some years later, I'm not nearly so smart. I cut chambers both ways but, to tell the truth, I prefer to cut the throat separately.
Does Tannel use a machined sleeve on the bolt or inserts? Just curious. GD