I have several 17HMRs. Some are factory specs from Anschutz, Marlin, and Savage. Some are parts guns. The Anschutz, like every other Anschutz that I've ever owned, is very accurate, in an almost boringly consistent sort of way, with its preferred ammo, but it is not significantly more accurate than the Marlin and Savage rifles.

If the Anschutz fits your budget, buy the Anschutz.

If the Anschutz is beyond your current budget, either wait/save until you can afford the Anschutz or buy a stainless/laminated Marlin 917VS. There is currently a 917VS with the barrel cut back and threaded for a suppressor on GB with a starting bid of $350. You can usually find the 917V, blued with a hardwood stock, for under $250.

I've had around 20 rifles chambered in 17HMR and only 1 wasn't capable of shooting MOA at 100 yards with its preferred ammo. That rifle was a Savage 93R17F that I rebarreled with a reworked GM 77/17 barrel and installed in a pink Savage laminated stock.

Even the light/sporter contour barreled 917 and 917S are MOA capable with their preferred ammo.