Bsa1917hunter: Indeed I have been admiring the accuracy of savage Rifles for decades now - both rimfire and centerfire.
I have shot numerous models of both centerfire and rimfire savages both afield and at the range and again am impressed with most all of them, accuracy wise.
BUT... the horrific cheapness and disgusting styling by the folks at savage actually often makes me ill!
I have never owned a modern (newer than 1950'ish) savage and more than likely never will!
savage puts the cheap and gaudy in cheap and gaudy guns!
PERIOD!
Like your examples demonstrate they often do indeed shoot well though.
Life is just to short to own and take afield ugly, cheap, gaudy guns - epitomized by savage!
I own wonderfully accurate rimfires produced by Ruger, Remington, Winchester, Anschutz, Kimber, Marlin (39's!), Browning, Sako and Weatherby - and each and every one of them are pleasingly styled and built with care and quality components.
But again, I have never and will never own a savage. It seems to me that the only thing that savage rimfire Rifles have going for them is accuracy and that is important, but does not outweigh (in my opinion) their clunkiness, awkwardness and unsightliness.
To each there own I always say - enjoy your savage.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy