I have never owned a Creedmoor but I have owned a 6.5x55. This in a nicely sporterized M38. It shot great and I ran a 140 grain Hornady Spire point or Nosler Partition at 2500 fps. The rifle was topped with an old 2.5 Weaver and I used it for some hog hunting and a bit of Mule deer hunting. Longest shot taken was on a 14 point Mule deer and the neck hit dropped him. The round seemed reliable, gave good penetration and the rifle's action was very smooth. I have owned several 270's and own two now. I usually loaded 150 gr. bullets to top velocities and I personally felt it was much more gun. That said the 6.5x55 loaded mildly as I loaded it would do the vast majority of deer hunting without issue. I feel the same way about the Creedmoor. I have of late started using my 270 rifles again and darned if I can find anything to complain about. Accurate, reasonable recoil and effective. I just don't see how a Creedmoor could improve on that. I don't see the Creedmoor as a replacement for the 270 but a far better choice than the 243 for just about anything.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]