Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by shrapnel

The real truth in this debate is that the cartridges compared to the 6.5 Creedmoor were all developed as hunting cartridges. The Creedmoor was designed to accomplish a certain function of accuracy for long range shooting in a short action with low recoil. The 6.5 Creedmoor does this very well.

The comparison is always backwards due to ballistics of hunting cartridges against a target cartridge. I will agree to let the Creedmoor to perform well as it was designed, but I have grown tired of how the cartridge and it’s proponents have tried to eliminate the use of proven hunting cartridges due to the magical pixie dust from the Creedmoor...

That pixie dust doesn’t fill freezers. Accurate cartridges loaded with good bullets with adequate oompff do. Fugg the .270 and Creedmoor. I guess they’ll have to do for the frail and faint of heart. Never did one say when he bumped into old griz, “Gee, I wish I had brought along my Creedmoor”. Happy Trails

There isn't any dangerous game in most of North America, so bumping into old griz isn't a consideration for most American and Canadian hunters.