I've had a 700 ADL 270 Win for years and shot more than a few deer with it and owned a few other 270's too. Last fall I picked up a Mark X sporter that said PO Ackley on the barrel in 270 Win and zeroed it with $12/box Fed 130's with complete confidence that it would get the job done if I shot a deer with it. Those Feds were loaded with 130 gr Hi Shok flat based spitzers with about the same .34x BC that all the other brands feature too ,only been working for 90 years, they won't quit tomorrow either. Most of the factory 150g gr loads available from the majors aren't all that high a bc either yet the people who use them will swear by them, not at them. This winter I got a chance to pick up a new Savage 112FV 6.5 CM cabela's special fairly cheap and put a 4x16x first focal plane scope on it. I'll shoot it some and at LR. From what I can see there are a lot of high BC loads available for it in factory ammo ,more so than the 270 if that's what a guy needs to do(buy factory ammo). Couple weeks back at a gunshow I scored 400 150gr Nosler Solid Base 270 bullets for damn cheap price. Nosler's #2 has them listed with a .513 BC figure. Seems to me it won't be sucking air behind too many 6.5 bullets if my 270 barrels will keep them spinning fast enough. Hmmm guess I could really cheat and run them out of my 270 Weatherby Mag...… MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "