Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
6.5X55....... I glommed onto one of the very first Winchester XTR M70 Featherweights that were chambered for the round, back in '85 or '86, I don't remember.

uhhh, something like mine ?

[Linked Image]

Does this count ?

I got it in Dec, 2011 and killed my first deer with it the FIRST day I took it hunting in 2012.

EDIT to ADD >>> This Guy:

[Linked Image]

Since then @ 5 others. It does NOT have an excessively long throat. It's easy to load ammo for it. This is my 2nd Win 70 FTWT and LOVE the rifle.

It has a Swift 3-9X40 scope and it took longer to get the velocity UP to my specs than ANY 270 W I've ever had.

If that 6.5X55 wasn't in THAT rifle...... it'd be gone. For now, it's not for sale.

Jerry

Yep, sort of. Mine was one of the early ones, an overrun leftover from a batch Winchester made for Scandinavian export, several long years before they intro'ed it as a regular offering on the domestic market. The main difference was the early ones had iron sights and a really long throat. I loaded 129 Interlocks out to max magazine length and still had a significant jump to get into the leade of the rifling. Surprisingly it shot them into an honest MOA or less nonetheless. I installed a Lyman 48 receiver sight (it was d/t'ed for it so why not), and mounted a Leupold 1.5-5 in a QD mount for backup. That gun is one of about five in my life I sold and would like back. It went to help finance the purchase of 36 acres of Pennsylvania forest complete with deer and trout stream.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty