I am not a gunwriter but I am a long time competition shooter and through the years have noticed a few things, so bear with me on this.

Are the Timneys set at quite a bit lighter pull weight than the factory triggers were?
The reason for asking is that when using a heavier trigger one will often hold the rifle differently and more importantly focus on trigger control, where with the lighter trigger they often do not focus as much on the hold and trigger release, so it may be more of doing things differently than the action screw torque.

I would install the factory trigger in one of them, tighten the action screws down to factory recommendations and try the rifles like that. If it does shoot better with the factory trigger then you need to rethink the pull weight setting on the Timney.
Another possibility may be that the Timney trigger is hitting against the stock - that is just a guess since I really have no idea how much the dimensions of the Timney trigger mirrors the factory one.

There is an old trouble-shooting technique that works quite well - "Go back to the last thing that was changed before the problem occurred".

I really doubt that the factory has some "secret" torque setting that only they know.

drover

Last edited by drover; 05/01/19. Reason: clarity

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.