Originally Posted by 1minute
If ones actions/stocks are inducing stress, and there is a forearm pressure point, one has to make a science out of torqueing screws if he wants repeatability after disassembling/reassembling a rifle. Bed the action stress free, and float the barrel. With some of my Weatherby's point of impact drops 6 or 7 inches at 100 yds with removal of forearm pressure.

If one wants to do an assay beg, borrow, buy or steal a bore sighter, install same and without touching it, loosen all screws, check sighter coordinates, retighten screws, and check again. With a well bedded unit, there should be zero movement whether free of the stock or torqued down.

Amen, why dont people get this chidt? Id subscribe to your writing any day of the week. This chit is simple mechanics and totally makes sense. Ive had vanguards that shot lights out after I properly glass bed them. My problem was they didnt extract for chidt. Sent one back to the "authorized weatherby repair center" 3 times before they got it to extract cartridges right. They are a pile o chidt, but you are absolutely correct about neutral bedding them. It works wonders.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA