Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by postoak
The bedding on the Vanguard RC is quite sophisticated and I'm not changing it.

I'm curious about Vanguard bedding being "sophisticate"...

If it was mine, I'd glass the action free float the barrel.

I totally agree with this.
Also, after doing this, if it doesn't bring the group size down to suit you, try putting a pressure point out at the end of the fore end. I once had a guy bed a rifle for me that would shoot 1/2" 5 shot groups before he did any thing to it and free floated it to boot and it opened up from 1/2-5/8 ish to over 2" groups. Pissed me off to the heigth of pisstivity. Then I got to checking around with various local bench rest gurus and one gave me some papers written by Warren Page on bench rest shooting that suggested a thinner barrel sometimes likes a slight upward pressure out near the end of the fore end. If you think about it many factory rifles come with a pressure point there. I did this and it shrunk the groups back tighter than before. And I'm talking 5 shot groups, not 3. Keep this in mind but just do one thing at a time. Don't do it all at once or you won't know what helps or what screws you up further.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/26/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!