I bought a S2 Sporter .243 in 2014 based on how accurate the S2 Synthetics are that were already in the family. Actually two S2 Synthetics, 07mm-08 and 30-06 and a 30-06 in the previous model Vanguard.

The .243 wouldn’t shoot any ammunition well and several different types were used. I didn’t measure them they were so big. I called Weatherby because there is a guarantee and was told to send it in, which I did. Weatherby called the next week and asked if I had taken the stock off. I had, to clean it and said so. I was informed I’d torqued it too tight and ruined the stock. I informed them I had a torque screwdriver and that was bull. I was then told they would call me back. They called the next day and said a few of their Sporter stocks had wood that wasn’t dense enough and I had obviously received one. They shipped the rifle back with a new stock, rifle wouldn’t shoot. I then did what I should have done from the get go but didn’t think of, swap stocks on the .243 and 07mm-08. The .243 shot great and the 07mm-08 sucked. Called Weatherby and asked for a Synthetic stock and I sent the Sporter stock back. Looks like my experience was the opposite of some of you.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.