Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Originally Posted by Judman
For 99% of my killin I consider velocity, cause that's how I hunt. Last thing I wanna do is skin a lrf, look at a chart, look at my dial, and dial.... I've found my 6ai the perfect run and gun to 450 or so, no guess work, just notch tags... Speed hurts shiit...

interesting take. I cannot refute your logic on why you like the flat fast bullets, however I do disagree respectively with your regard to ranging and dialing. now I would bet my rifle against yours that at the ranges you suggested I could hit more consistently in the "ten ring" with no more than a few seconds worth of difference of reaction time. infact there are a couple respected members of this forum who have seen me guestimate the range on a loping coyote, exit the vehicle, dial the range, deploy bipod and put a round in about a second +/- a few tenths. all this is estimated of course because we weren't running a stopwatch, however I believe it was Bob cape or EH76 who said he spotted the yote, looked back at me, saw I had seen it and stop, when he swung his binos back to the coyote he saw it drop. I'm not one to boast my point is dialing isn't necessarily slow, especially when ranges are moderate like you describe. Kamo Gari was sitting next to me and can attest to the shot as well.

I’ve been known to be a stunt shooter too.

no doubt! depending on your equipment so heavily I bet a lot of shots seem like stunts.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.