John;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that this finds you and Eileen well and warm on the first weekend in May.

Thanks kindly for the informative read, as usual with your work I learned something and that's always a good thing!

Having been on the receiving end of blown cases in a 788, tang safety Ruger 77 and a No 1, I can agree that the No 1 was the preferred arm when things go sideways.

The old Liberty Model 77 did pretty good work too though.

Both the No 1 and 77 were when a batch of N160 went bad on me - I believe you and I discussed it way back when that happened. Anyway it all caked up in the cases and in the 8lb caddy it was stored in too. The caddy was warm, not hot, but warm enough to cause me concern for sure. In the end I threw out about 150 cases, the worst of it was a bunch of 6.5x55 which were hard to come by up here back then.

Also I should mention that the 788 was just me learning about rear locking actions and resizing dies, so totally operator error and nothing more.

Thanks again for the interesting reading sir. All the best to you folks as we head into warmer weather.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"