I have had two blown cases that I can recall. One was with a Sako L 691 308 Norma Mag where I accidentally poured some IMR 4350 into a can of MRP......... and then forgot and loaded up some rounds eek The second was a couple of years ago working with the 270 Win and IMR 4955. Not sure what happened if it was a faulty brand new case but I was below Hodgdon's max and blew a primer. There were no indications of high pressure before that and the bolt opened easily so not sure what happened. I have noticed since that a bunch of other bullet companies have data much lower that Hodgdon with IMR 4955.

The other thing that should be mentioned is people who shoot right hand rifles left handed. Always thought it was a bad idea but people have to make their own choices. What gets me is the guys who are to cheap to buy a proper left hand rifle for their family members and then make them shoot right handed. I doubt many people wear shooting glasses at all while practicing let alone wear them while hunting.

Good article, thanks.

Gerry.