Several years ago on a nice summer day I was living the good life, kids dropped off at school didn’t have to be to work till noon, so got a decent workout in and then a shower.

I’d let our 3 medium sized dogs out to potty and frolic and left the door open a crack so they could come in for water or to just get outa the heat.

Imagine my surprise when I stepped dripping outa the shower w a towel around my waist to walk in the living room to see what was the fuss about my dogs were making and there stood a pit bull with the spiked collar around its neck !

I’ve always considered myself a fella that will do battle w man or beast ! Provided I was dressed and had a weapon at hand 🤦🏼‍♂️

But I gotta tell ya as much pride as I’d taken in my Johnson over the years it felt sorta puny knowing that was the only thing I had to beat that pit bull over the head with 😳

Actually already was wrapping the towel around my right arm ever so slowly, wondering if any of my dogs would run interference long enough for me to snag a firearm or if I’d get to play tug of war with my right arm Tryna drag a pit bull back to our bedroom .

No I wasn’t gonna try and screw it loose you jabronis, Tis where the nearest firearm was 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fortunately I was able to retrieve said firearm and the dogs had all gone back out and down the driveway as I’d also taken time to slide on a pair of pants and shoes. Hey sue me, so I don’t like to fight nekkid.

I ain’t gonna lie, I was nervous for several seconds until I wrapped that firearm in my hands, happier to see it than a long lost lover.

Those dogs give me the willies

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.