I'm not talking about resistance due to tissue damage. I'm talking about two bullets with the same meplat diameter creating the same diameter wound channel but the .45 losing penetration due to drag/friction of the larger "ass" end trailing behind the meplat. Diameter, weight, weight relative to diameter, meplat, nose shape, nose projection, it ALL matters to one degree or another.

As I said and it keeps getting ignored, do you really think that a 200gr bullet will penetrate the same as a 300gr bullet if everything else is equal? Further, if SD/weight do not matter, why such long bullets in the 300gr range, why not lightweight bullets that can be pushed faster?

Rifle ideology has ALWAYS had limited application to handgun wounding effects. Things are a lot different when you add 1000fps to the mix. Bear in mind, this conversation is about traditional handgun rounds. Not the speedy X-frame chamberings or even the .454. That is what I meant about mixing way too many variables and coming to conclusions based on too little information.

By and large, the big bore rifle crowd is slowly coming around to flat nosed bullets.

Yes, McCourry has done a lot of testing but it's all with rifles. We were all there on the B&M forum in trying to make them understand get CEB to produce a handgun bullet with a wider meplat and an ogival nose shape, rather than a truncated cone. They're rifle guys, that's where their experience and mindset reside. Are we all changing our minds just to win an argument?

If everybody would just calm down and stop trying to hurry to the end of this journey, my next round of testing is probably going to answer many of these questions. I have an idea or two of some surprises it may reveal. One is that the monolithics may not actually penetrate deeper in SIMTEST than cast bullets. We may need the greater resistance of bones and other obstacles, those things that cause cast bullets to deform, to reveal their true advantage. We will see the effect velocity has on penetration as well.