Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Gotcha. I'm at the point where I prefer a rifle closer to 7 lbs scoped and would have zero interest in a 9lb rifle.

I've been selling my custom Mausers and Winchesters and replacing them with Kimber 84L's.

But I digress.

I understand that. I'm more or less out of the buying mode and into the tweaking mode: how can I make what I have a bit lighter, better balanced, etc. For instance, I have a commercial M98 that has a 24 inch barrel in a No 1 profile, and it shoots great, but the stock is a beast. So instead of just chucking the entire thing, I'm wondering what I can do to put the stock on a diet, lighten the action a little more, mount a lightweight scope, etc. I wouldn't mind hauling it around at 8 pounds but not at almost 9.75.

Anyway, I digress as well. I'm wondering if the rifle on GB just might not be the one JB is referencing.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown