Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
Gotcha. I'm at the point where I prefer a rifle closer to 7 lbs scoped and would have zero interest in a 9lb rifle.

I've been selling my custom Mausers and Winchesters and replacing them with Kimber 84L's.

But I digress.

I understand that. I'm more or less out of the buying mode and into the tweaking mode: how can I make what I have a bit lighter, better balanced, etc. For instance, I have a commercial M98 that has a 24 inch barrel in a No 1 profile, and it shoots great, but the stock is a beast. So instead of just chucking the entire thing, I'm wondering what I can do to put the stock on a diet, lighten the action a little more, mount a lightweight scope, etc. I wouldn't mind hauling it around at 8 pounds but not at almost 9.75.

Anyway, I digress as well. I'm wondering if the rifle on GB just might not be the one JB is referencing.

I’m also trying to stay out of the buying mode and for the most part have been pretty successful. However, I recently stumbled upon Lenard Brownell No. 59 a 1952 M70 barreled action chambered for the 270 Win. and it came home with me. Owning a couple of special guns is good for ones soul.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson