Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'd say that priest is walking into a target-rich environment.

The article is spot on. People seem to think only about what others have that they do not. They should be thinking about what they have that others do not.

I still remember what it was like in the 50s when a family of eight would live in a three bedroom, 1400 square foot home with a ten year old Chevy in the driveway, and MAYBE a black-and-white television set and one or two bicycles for the kids to share. The material wealth we DISCARD these days is staggering in comparison.

Yup, we got our first TV in 1956 in Fairbanks, Alaska. We got to watch a lot of test pattern.

Just curious - how many low wage illegal alien workers you have working in your daddy's auto-service business?

Well AZZHAT, I opened my present business 40 years ago. I had an elderly Hispanic man work for me for a few years. One of his Sons came to work for me when he received his legal papers, His oldest Son came next when he received his papers, I had the youngest Son work for me part time when he was in High School. I also employed 2 Grandsons during High School. Pop worked part time the last year and retired. The two older Brothers worked for 35 years and retired from my shop. The youngest brother went to work for a large spotwelding company and now travels the USA and Foreign countries trouble shooting and helping install machines. One of the Grandsons that worked for me is out of school and is a Pharmicist and the other is a Fine Arts Director at a high school.
Believe it or not AZZHAT, they were paid the same as my other mechanics "techs as they are called now". You know what? They all are homeowners, drive new cars, and have either put their children through college or some are still in college. And strangely enough, they are true conservatives.
I see that you are back to trolling the forum as you have done on several other forums. You must live a very sad life and have little to no self-esteem. How did the special thread about you set in your stomach?