Originally Posted by PJGunner
"There is only a small amount of excellent meat on an elk and I would never waste one just to get two back-straps..."

That comment right there proves just how full of S H I T you are. I've been hunting elk exclusively since 2010 and have no desire to return to that garbage sold in stores called meat. Haven't had a bad piece of elk meat yet. Will probably eat some tonight if I get it thawed out in time. If not tomorrow night for sure. I'd invite your sorry ass but I'm afraid you'd be bad company.
Paul B.

Dumb ass - I would never accept an invite from a moron like you - it would be an insult to the concept of intelligence...

I had been given some elk hamburger previously, by one of the folks that nearly fell over upon hearing the invite story, and could not believe how bad it smelled when I cooked it - I thew it out. I did not grow up eating GAME MEAT, jack-wagon. I had back straps given to me a few times and they were awesome. According to the providing Great White Hunter (who laughed is ass off when I told him what happened to the hamburger - told me I had to cook it OUTSIDE) - hamburger was all you could do with the rest of an elk.

I've had Antelope back straps that I ordered from Broken Arrow Ranch - unbefuckinglievably good - I could eat that every day!

So, eat chit.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...