The 130s and 140s SPBT have worked well. You seem to be picking harder bullets but wanting more expansion. The SST open fast too fast for me. The ELD-x is proving to be a good choice and opens quickly. The Nosler BT 130 has been excellent, the 140 Accubond and Interbonds have been stellar in the Winchester and the WSM. The Nosler Partition always works but is not really needed for deer. Have used the 130 grain X with good results and may try the TTSX 110s. I will also be loading some 150 ABLR as these have worked well in other calibers, they perform like a slightly softer Accubond which is what I wanted. The ABLR fly well and with R26 I am getting about as much velocity as I got with my slower 130 - & 140 loads. It makes the 270 Win. give the WSM a good run.

The Bergers can have dramitic results but have not used them in .270 caliber.

Of these the BT could be used for coyotes and the SST and ELD-x too, Bergers will open up on a coyote also.

The 270 caliber bullets are almost uniformly good. Except for the 6.8 SPC bullets everything was designed with the Winchester in mind. Some were made a little tougher for the WSM and Weatherby but even with these the velocity range is not huge.

Back to the original scenario. A 30 yard drop is not bad. I bet the deer would have leaked if it had gone further. Sometimes there is so much blood it all stays in the lower chest cavity and doesn't make it up to the entrance or exit would, this combined with no heartbeat and you can have little or no blood trail. I have seen deer that had hardly any blood trail or even much re-action to the shot drop within 20-50 yards and when opened up there was not much in the way of recognizable organs in the chest cavity just one big blood clot.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli