Ha That's a pretty good quote. I have always been one to start out loading on each end of the weight spectrum. Just for grins actually and the fact I love to handload. Not quantity, but reliable, accurate hunting loads. Love to kill something with my handloads as much as a crazed Fly Fisherman loves to use his own hand tied flies, ha. Very seldom have I ever just used "one load" once I started using a Rockchucker press and had access to dies. I would tell guys I worked with to buy the dies, at least a box of fired brass, and a pound of powder, what bullet style/weight and let me work up a load for them. I would then agree to load another couple boxes for them, with their scope zeroed and I'd keep the dies/leftover components as pay for my time/gas to the range, etc. I loaded for 30-30, 30-06, 308, 7mm Mags, 243s, one 7x57 and one .270. I had a ball, and learned a lot. I'd usually end up with a load just under book Max so they could use their brass a lot. since they all killed deer under 300yds ( usually under 100!) the one load concept kept them happy.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 07/08/19.