Coyote Hunter,

Bureaucracies like the FBI, tend to promote their problems. Firing Horiuchi would admit management made a mistake. Promotions tend to purge the narrative.

And, don't ya know, the FBI pawned ole Lon off on their contractor, HS, as their rep. HS had two choices, embrace Lon, in essence going along, or throwing him out in the street and not getting any more lucrative govt. conracts. Bureaucracies work like that. Contractors respond like that.

But, it didn't go unnoticed.

HS made a choice. I make a choice everytime I buy a product.

My HS SPL was traded for, so HS had alraedy made their profit. Actually they make good stuff. Barrels are made in house, cut rifling like Brux and Krieger, and they shoot about as well. Actions are 700 clones with detach mag. Even their triggers are made in house, steel upgrade of a 700 trigger with cut outs to see the sear. This .240 Wby will shoot 100 gr. NPT's half MOA at 400 yds. Once I fitted a Hunters Edge, it became a keeper.

I don't know if Lon was shooting an HS rifle at that fateful event.. It evidently was shooting "minute of a housewife", accurate enough to miss the baby she was holding. Still makes me mad thinking about it.

So, I'll never buy anything HS where they make a profit.

Just me. I don't forget that easily. Maybe in 40-50 years.... smile

By then, I surely will have forgotten... cool

DF