I have actually been shooting the 264 since 1964. I have a Rem 700 in 264 I bought new back in 1964. Still shoots great & has taken to many deer to remember, Also a considerable amount of elk. No pigs around this country. I have four 264 mags. The Extreme Weather I mentioned in the post is my newest , acquired last fall. It shoots just about any C&C bullet from 100 gr to 140 gr great. I plan on using it for elk this coming season. That is why I wanted to get an accurate load with the Barnes mono.These 6.5 mono's have never failed me on elk. As I stated I finally hit upon an accurate load with good velocity. 3354 fps with the 127gr LRX. I mentioned the load in case other owners of this same EW 264 caL wanted to use this bullet. Thought it might help establish a starting point. The 270 I talked about before is also an excellent performer.. Driving the Barnes 129gr LRX to 3259 fps according to my chrono. Like the 264 EW this 270 also gives tiny groups . It has ( 270 ) displayed the ability to perform with excellent accuracy out to my 522 yd target. I bought the 270 because it was a CRF 24" bbl. stainless Win. Like new & stamped " Made in New Haven Conn. USA.