I picked up a new Winchester M70 EW in .264WM over the Winter. I am in the middle of developing my first load for it. I am starting with Barnes TSX 120 gn bullets and Retumbo powder. Thanks for the head's-up on IMR 7828 working well with mono-bullets in the .264WM. I'll try that powder, next. There's not a lot of .264WM shooters, so hearing about someone's personal experience is very helpful.

"Switching to IMR 7828 long cut was like flipping a switch. " -- 7828 is available in three different cuts. Any particular reason to go specifically with the long cut? Would the SC or SSC cuts give similar results?

Regarding my own experience, so far, shooting a ladder with Retumbo/TSX 120 gn, there appears to be a node at 3475 fps with 68.5 gn, and another one at 3375 fps with 66.5. There are nodes at lower velocities, too, but who cares about those? There is some primer flow at these two loads (as discussed extensively in http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/pressure-signs-primer-flow.3981384/ ), but no pressure signs on the case itself, nor a sticky bolt.

I started with the Barnes recommended jump of 0.050", and will test other sitting depths, next. After finding the best COAL, I'll finally shoot my first group with the rifle to see what she'll do.

[Linked Image]