This past week my hip situation made me realize that I am definitely going to have to hunt differently than I used too, that's a given, but I think I'll hang onto the 338WM. Yeah, I could borrow a rifle back from the SIL...but I really like using "my own stuff". I don't like going on any long trip w/o two rifles. I have had trips that were saved by having a spare. Heck, I've had rifles that shot well at the range, drive out to the desert to shoot rocks, and they not fire! I like 2 rifles when working up loads, allows one to cool, so time is better utilized ( which has always been the most expensive commodity for me!) and I like the fact that these two rifles are identical, set up the same Trigger Tech, etc, the 338WM only slightly heavier. I could put a lighter scope on it and it would be undiscernible in handling I bet. Thanks to you guys opinions, it really helped me think through this time. All I would do is lose a whole bunch of money if I sold it and/or end up with a "spare" that didn't appeal to me. So I am going to wring out some lighter bullets and find a 2500-2600 fps load for the 250s. It worked so stinking well in that 35 WAI, and its nice to have the "option" of a 2800fps/250NAB load. I'll just take and swap out both rifles on future hunts until I get them both "bloody", so to speak. I "know in my heart" my all day tromps in knee deep snow are over. ha I'll just go out, if snowing hard, and find a big spruce to sit under, see what walks by. Whichever rifle is in my hands...that's the huckleberry that will do the dirty deed. smile

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 06/10/19.