"As I get "longer in the tooth" and "sorer in the joints", I find I enjoy the lighter rounds more, just a fact."

I've always been a bit of a "one load for one rifle" kind of guy. For the .270, I went with the 150 gr. Sierra Game King. Velocity os pushing 2900 FPS and the load is very accurate. I came across a smoking deal on 150 gr. Nosler partitions and worked up to the same level as the Sierra bullet. Didn't even have to readjust the scope setting. I fired six rounds one day, three with the Sierras and three with the Noslers. Both loads on their own do .75 to .80". The overlapping groups was 1.25". I could switch from one bullet to the other and never worry about the scope setting. I have four rifles in .270 and the load works in all four.

On the .338 Win. Mag., that's a cartridge I don't have a lot of love for. I can shoot my .300 Win. Mag. from the bench with no problem regarding recoil. BUT! I shoot the .338 Mag. and it's hurtsville all the way. Both rifles are M70s, one a post-64 pre-68 that has a small amount of history and the other is another M70, the Stainless Classic. I don't know the cause is but those two flat out put a hurt on me. I have and sometimes shoot a Ruger #1 in .416 Rigby and that bugger flat out kicks. Yet it hurts me less than those two M70s. You might think it's the stock design but one of my .270's and my .300 Win. Mag. are also M70s and I shoot them without any problem. My handloads are far from being on the mild side.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE