Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
1187 will kick less. Franchi will be brutal and will want upgrade to avoid Benelli click, even though it is a more reliable gun overall.

If you want forty yard performance and light recoil with factory loads, investigate .410 TSS loads from Browning.

"Benelli click" is a figment of your imagination. It's not a condition caused by design failure. It's caused completely by ooeator error

The franchi is a far superior gun to anything Remington has ever designed and built

Don't be ridiculous. It can happen just setting it down against a tree. I've done it with a Franchi. Upgrade the gun with a heavier spring and it won't happen. It's not worth spouting nonsense over when you can easily and cheaply prevent it.

If you're putting a gun down hard enough to knock it out of battery you're not simply "setting" it. Benelli click is completely caused by the operator. My SBE2 has probably close to 6000 rounds through it almost all of that 3 and 3.5 inch Steel. The only time it has ever come out of battery is when I've done it by easing the bolt back to check to see if there was a shell in the chamber. That gun lives in swamps, boats and blinds of all kinds it's never even heard of gentiel treatment

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell